Please note - my blog used to be found here :http://jeybird8.blogspot.com/ unfortunately I can no longer access that account.

Friday 11 February 2011

Dinner at home - Sunday Night Stuffed Potatoes

This was a quick and easy Sunday night dinner.

I took 3 potatoes with their skin on, and cooked them in the microwave (stab them a little first so they don't explode).  I just pushed the "potato" button on my microwave, so its best you follow your own instructions :-).  If you weren't trying to make this quickly, you could of course bake the potatoes in a conventional oven!

After the potatoes were cooked, I sliced them each in half lengthways, and scooped out most of the flesh, leaving behind potato cups, ready to be filled.  I put the hollowed out potatoes onto an oven tray and baked in a hot oven to crisp up a little while I prepared the filling.

What you fill them with is up to you - the possibilities are endless - you could even just mash the potatoes insides, add a little cheese and refill with this. I however, decided to make a vegetarian mince filling.
Into a frying pan, I cooked half a red onion in a little olive oil.  To this, I added a chopped clove of garlic, a chopped red chilli, and some fresh rosemary & thyme.  Once the onion had softened, I added some vegie stock, chopped cherry tomatoes and the cheek of a red capsicum. I cooked this until the capsicum was quite soft, and sweet.  To this tomatoey mix, I added about a cup (maybe less - it was a shake of the packet) of frozen Quorn mince, a little frozen corn, and cooked till the mince was heated through.  As the mix was a little wet, I stirred in a couple of spoonfuls of the potato to thicken it all up. 

I then spooned the filling into the now slightly crispy potato cups, topped with a little cheese and put back into the oven for the cheese to melt.


P1060701

No comments:

Post a Comment