Please note - my blog used to be found here :http://jeybird8.blogspot.com/ unfortunately I can no longer access that account.

Thursday 3 January 2013

Easy Tofu Burger for one!

Here's a nice easy tofu burger I made for dinner recently! (Feel free to serve it up in a bread roll if you like!)




To make the burger pattie, you simply need - 100g of firm tofu, crumbled into a bowl. To this, add your desired flavourings! I added 2 teaspoons of savoury yeast flakes, and a shake of onion powder and a shake of garlic powder, and a small splash of soy sauce! Mix it all together! I then added 1-2 tablespoons of oat flour (this is just rolled oats that have been whizzed up I a food processor). Tr measurements really depend on how wet your tofu was to start with! Mix together well until mix feels like it is holding together. Shape into a burger, and place in fridge to firm up. Then simply pan fry and serve with salad! My salad consisted of lettuce, grated beetroot, fried onions and mushrooms. And a few oven baked potato chips, with a sprinkle of crispy oven baked beetroot on top!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. ooooo yoummy! Looking forward to seeng you next weekend! K xx

    ReplyDelete