Please note - my blog used to be found here :http://jeybird8.blogspot.com/ unfortunately I can no longer access that account.

Monday 17 October 2011

baking - zucchini cake


P1070636
Another way to use up excess Zucchini!!

I hadn't really considered using zucchini in something sweet, but I found this recipe on Taste.com.au (click to see the recipe), and decided to give it a try!  The result was a deliciously moist and fruity cake!  It was super simple to make, just mix everything together and bake!

a couple of notes -
  • The 250g of zucchini mentioned turned out to be one large zucchini.  
  • I am not a fan of raisins, so I just used 300g of sultanas instead of 150g of raisins & 150g of sultanas
  • My loaf tin was longer than the one the recipe specified, and I found the cake was cooked after just under an hour.
  • I needed a bit more icing, because I smoothed it over the sides instead of just letting it drip.

P1070640

No comments:

Post a Comment