Please note - my blog used to be found here :http://jeybird8.blogspot.com/ unfortunately I can no longer access that account.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Pink Fried Rice

P1070531

I have some lovely Bulls Blood Beetroot growing in the garden, so am using it up in as many ways as I can..... on this occasion I added it to my fried rice, resulting in pink fried rice!

To make the beetroot component, I simply chopped it into small cubes, and microwaved until soft, but not mushy in some soy sauce (a couple of teaspoons) and a squeeze of lemon juice.  This created beetroot in lovely pink sauce, which I stirred through my fried rice at the end!  (other things in my rice included zucchini, carrot garlic, onion, parsley stalks, peas, corn and tofu, oh, and some brown rice!)

P1070539
(apologies for the kind of blurry photo...and it was pinker in real life :-) )


Janet had the same, minus the tofu and beetroot, plus some beef mince.

P1070537

No comments:

Post a Comment